Wednesday, August 3

I can't cook.  Usually I stick in the realm of cereal, toast, BLTs and if I'm feeling really ambitious some roasted veggies.  But I am so poor right now (the car broke... again) that it's time to get creative because I can't afford groceries.  So I made my very first tuna casserole. 

I found a recipe online, but altered it beyond belief.  I melted some butter in a pan and simmered a minced clove of garlic, half a red onion, a few sprigs of green onion.  After about five minutes I threw in a can of peas, a can of creamed corn and two cans of tuna.  I then mixed in some spiral-y pasta but realized I didn't quite have enough, so I boiled some spaghetti noodles and put those in too!  I kind of just searched my cupboards to see if there was anything that would taste good.  After it was all simmered together and mushy I put it in a casserole dish and topped it with cheddar cheese, then baked it in the over for about half an hour.

Tastes so good!  I did take a picture of it, but honestly it looks absolutely disgusting so I'm not going to post it.  Just trust me.  It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment